Areas of activity
Copyright and new technologies, trademarks, patents, know-how, advertising, unfair competition, privacy, personality rights, media and telecommunications, e-commerce, M&A of technology companies
Education and Career
Simona Lavagnini graduated with honors from the University of Pavia in 1993. There she also completed her doctoral research in industrial property law. Following several professional experiences in the field of industrial and intellectual property, she became partner and founding member of LGV in 2003. Simona has significant experience with regards to consultancy in both contentious and non-contentious matters in the field of industrial and intellectual property, advising national and international clients. She manages enforcement programs across the national territory on behalf of corporate rights-holders in software, as well as trade associations of software producers; her experience extends to litigation on behalf of phonogram producers and trade associations, videogame producers, owners of rights in trademarks, patents and know-how, search engines and other ISPs. Simona also provides consultancy on contractual matters, in particular with reference to the IT and new technologies sectors (licenses, tenders, maintenance and development) as well as commercial communications, advertising, and privacy; finally, she supports clients in the context of transactions involving corporate proprietors of intangible assets. Since 2011 she has taught copyright law at the University of Pavia. Simona is also a member of ALAI, Itech, INTA and AIPPI Italia. From 1993 she has been involved in the redaction of the AIDA journal, and regularly publishes on academic journals while also participating as speaker in academic, professional and master conferences.
Italian, English and German.
– ranked in Chambers Europe, Chambers Global (Band 1), Legal500, Leaders League, IP Stars
– IP & TMT Awards Web Edition 2020 – Italy – Best practice: Copyright – 2020
– IP &TMT Awards – Italy – Copyright – Lawyer of the Year – 2019
– Top Legal Awards – Italy – Trademark and Copyright – Lawyer of the Year – 2019
– IP&TMT Awards – Italy – Information Technology – Lawyer of the Year – 2015
– Europe Women in Business Law Award 2013 – Shortlisted – Best in Copyright
– Top Legal Awards – Italy – Intellectual Property – Lawyer of the Year – 2008